World Sport Modular Seat System
World Sport Performance Seats shown on the R1200R with the regular height front seat and the black CarbonFX, black welt and trim upholstery (WS-660-19)
WORLD SPORT PERFORMANCE MODULAR SEAT SYSTEM
FOR THE BMW 2014+ R 1200 RS / R 1200 R 2015+
with ZONE SUSPENSION BODY CONTOUR TECHNOLOGY
Transform your BMW R 1200 R and R 1200 RS into a long-distance road warrior! Our patented Zone Suspension Body Contour Technology, beautiful hand-crafted upholstery, high-quality lightweight precision construction make World Sport Performance Seats the best choice for the long-haul.
Gel-Free! Superior comfort and suspension without the thermal
retention and extra weight of gel. Our Super Cell Atomic Foam suspension
is our own unique and proprietary blend of resilience, firmness, and
vibration-absorption qualities - making it well-suited for maximum long
distance comfort. The seat foam is contoured for enhanced lateral
support and a more neutral - or level - seating angle allowing full use of the
In addition, this two-piece World Sport Seat offering for the BMW R 1200 R / R 1200 RS features our marine-grade, UV-stabilized, hand-crafted upholstery specifically designed to
maximize the suspension qualities of the Super Cell Foam. Plus, they are
virtually maintenance free.
This World Sport Performance Modular Seat System features the following:
- Gel-Free Super Cell Atomic Foam and enhanced shape with significantly increased width and lateral lift, providing far better distribution of pressure over a greater area.
- Patented Zone Suspension Body Contour Technology featuring hidden central relief channel plus a special internal visco-layer that absorbs and diminishes high pressure points. With this patented technology, the elements are molded into the foam just below the surface, resulting in a unified foam cushion - without seams or glue joints - for optimal comfort and performance.
- Two seat heights - Regular and Tall - are available.
- Redesigned seat base pans include an OEM Manual holder and SARGENT LED Flashlight in the front and OEM tool-holders in the rear.
- Light-weight, precision-made PolyTec plastic seat base design installs just like stock.
- Offered with our popular CarbonFX seating material with either black or silver welt.
- Also available in the Performance Plus upholstery treatment, featuring beautiful and durable DTX with forward GRIPZONES and choice of color welt/accent.
- Optional EM-5 Driver Backrest - With 5-Way "on the fly" adjustability, it's the most accommodating motorcycle backrest on the market.
- Optional Rear Rack accessory quickly replaces your rear seat for solo touring. Locks in place with the OEM key.
- A beautiful compliment to the R/RS, the Optional Storage Pod instantly snaps in place, replacing the rear seat. The Storage Pod offers 5.7 liters of secured storage and is loaded with an LED interior light and spring loaded, lockable lid.
- Optional Sargent Complete Heat Upgrade available with embedded Fine Wire Flex Pad for added stability, flexibility, and comfort - a Sargent exclusive!
Based on customer input, Sargent developed The TALL Version Front Seat (shown), which adds 1.625" height to the Sargent Regular Height (WS-670-19).
(NEW IMAGE TO COME.)
COMING SOON - The new REAR RACK and EM-5 BACKREST - for ultimate solo sport touring. Both items will be compatible with the Sargent front seats as well as the OEM.
Seat Height Comparison Information
The World Sport Performance Seat for the BMW R 1200 R / RS offers a wider, slightly dished seating contour to minimize pressure points. Overall seat height is comparable to the OEM seat.
NOTE: Actual "seat to ground" dimensions may vary depending on rider weight, anatomy, and motorcycle suspension settings.
||R 1200 R
||R 1200 RS
||REG: 31.1" / 790mm
Standard on The R/R
(BMW Front Seat 3)
|HIGH: 32.3" / 820mm
Standard on the R/RS
(BMW Front Seat High 2)
||REG: 30.8" / 782mm
TALL: 32.4" / 823mm
|REG: 30.8" / 782mm
TALL: 32.4" / 823mm
The overall difference between the SARGENT REGULAR and TALL is 1 5/8".
The BMW OEM Low Seat Option (4) is nearly 1" lower than the SARGENT REGULAR.
The BMW Sport Seat Option (1) is 5/8" taller than the SARGENT TALL.
Click HERE to cross reference all of the additional BMW seat offerings.
We Take Heated Seating To A New Level!
At the core of our heated options is our recently designed Sargent Advanced Heat Controller with "Comfort Control." It offers maximum comfort in cool weather with fully variable heat control. Unlike competitive products that are just on or off, our advanced controller delivers full range heat control with customizable features. This fine control is essential on a motorcycle where ambient temperatures can fluctuate drastically while riding. The perfect temperature is right at your fingertips!
- Solid-state Pulse Modulating Heat Controller.
Unlike competing products that offer just a few settings, our solid-state, ten-step heat controller is fully variable from off to full power and anywhere in between, providing maximum comfort control. This level of control is essential as outdoor fluctuations in ambient temperature can be significant and constantly changing while motorcycling. It is completely waterproof and can be conveniently mounted within view. And, the adjustable power and brightness settings are displayed in a LED bar graph that shows the exact temperature setting day or night, with user settings being held in memory even when the bike is turned off.
- Superior Heat Element Technology.
Our heat pads are molded into the foam just below the surface for optimal comfort and protection. This patented technology utilizes a thin, Conformable Film and Fine Wire Spiral Wound Glass Core Technology for excellent performance. Combine this with our Advanced Heat Controller for a fully integrated heating experience.
- Power Draw.
Each heated seating area (front or rear) is supplied with its own heat
controller. Each heated zone draws approximately 1.7 amps (or 23 watts @
13.5 volts), and dual zone installations will draw approximately 3.4
amps (or 46 watts @ 13.5 volts) at full power.