The Kawasaki Concours World Sport Modular Seat System is shown with CarbonFX inserts and Metallic Silver welt (WS-570-18).
KAWASAKI CONCOURS 1400 (2008+)
Continuing in the tradition of meticulously designed and produced seats, Sargent is pleased to introduce the World Sport Performance Seat for the Kawasaki Concours.
Two seat versions are being offered - the original
Non-Modular Version for full-time sport touring use - and the
Modular Seat System (MSS) with rear storage pod (rear seat has been discontinued).
Utilizing the latest design techniques, exacting manufacturing processes, and superior materials, each World Sport seat pan is precision-molded for superior fit and installs just like the stock seat (no additional hardware required). The Kawasaki Concours features our injection-molded PolyTec base pan. This super tough, lightweight material provides an exceptional, high-performance seat foundation.
Our Super Cell Atomic Foam suspension is our own unique and proprietary blend of resilience, firmness, and vibration-absorption qualities - making it well suited for maximum long distance comfort.
Both World Sport Performance Seat offerings for the Kawasaki Concours feature our marine-grade, UV-stabilized, upholstery - hand-sewn specifically to maximize the qualities of the Super Cell Foam. In addition, it is virtually maintenance free.
This World Sport Modular Seat System has the following features:
- PolyTec Seat Pan.
- Built-in storage compartment in seat pan.
- Super Cell Atomic Foam suspension.
- Two seat heights available - Regular and Low.
- Offered with CarbonFX vinyl seating inserts.
- Color-coordinated welt - optional.
- All mounting hardware built in.
- Optional Complete Heat upgrade.
- Driver Seat with open rear area to accept storage pod (rear seat has been discontinued).
- Storage Pod featuring spring loaded wide mouth lockable lid, lighted interior
and various finish choices (sold separately).
- Quick change between rear components via 1/4 turn Dzus fasteners.
Modular Seat System (MSS)
Shown is the World Sport Modular Seat System (MSS) with CarbonFX seating insert with Black welt and trim and rear storage pod.
- Modular rear component options including an Integral Skin Passenger Seat (shown below), removable with quick-release 1/4-turn.
- Full-function Storage Pod with lighted interior - available painted or unpainted.
Interchangeable Rear Components
Sargent is pleased to offer the Modular Seat System with rear storage pod. A perfect blend of aesthetic design and revolutionary features, the Storage Pod has the following features:
- Lockable, spring-assist lid provides wide, easy access to contents.
- (Each unit comes with its own unique key set.)
- Auto-switched LED-lighted interior.
- Felt-lined storage area.
- Space-saving, concealed hinges.
- Available in two attractive finishes or unpainted for custom applications. (OEM paint colors being discontinued.)
- Ample 5.7 liter capacity.
Each Modular Seat System must be purchased with a rear storage pod (rear seat has been discontinued).
Seat Height Comparison Chart
- The World Sport Performance Seat for the Kawasaki Concours is available in two seat heights:
- The Regular version, which is comparable to the Kawasaki regular stock seat, and
- The Low Version, which is comparable to the Kawasaki Gel Seat for this model.
We Take Heated Seating To A New Level!
At the core of our heated options is our recently designed Sargent Advanced Heat Controller with "Comfort Control." It offers maximum comfort in cool weather with fully variable heat control. Unlike competitive products that are just on or off, our advanced controller delivers full range heat control with customizable features. This fine control is essential on a motorcycle where ambient temperatures can fluctuate drastically while riding. The perfect temperature is right at your fingertips!
- Solid-state Pulse Modulating Heat Controller.
Unlike competing products that offer just a few settings, our solid-state, ten-step heat controller is fully variable from off to full power and anywhere in between, providing maximum comfort control. This level of control is essential as outdoor fluctuations in ambient temperature can be significant and constantly changing while motorcycling. It is completely waterproof and can be conveniently mounted within view. And, the adjustable power and brightness settings are displayed in a LED bar graph that shows the exact temperature setting day or night, with user settings being held in memory even when the bike is turned off.
- Superior Heat Element Technology.
Our heat pads are molded into the foam just below the surface for optimal comfort and protection. This patented technology utilizes a thin, Conformable Film and Fine Wire Spiral Wound Glass Core Technology for excellent performance. Combine this with our Advanced Heat Controller for a fully integrated heating experience.
- Power Draw.
Each heated seating area (front or rear) is supplied with its own heat
controller. Each heated zone draws approximately 1.7 amps (or 23 watts @
13.5 volts), and dual zone installations will draw approximately 3.4
amps (or 46 watts @ 13.5 volts) at full power.